Start Strong, Stay Strong
Youth Strength Training Orientation
COST: FREE for Members
Thursday, February 21st @ 5:30 PM.
Once a month, we have an orientation for 10-14 years old to prepare them for Fitness Center use. They will learn:
- Strength training techniques
- How to develop their own workout
- How to use recommended age-appropriate equipment
- Character values of the Y and fitness room etiquette
- Components of a well-rounded, safe workout (warm-up, strength/cardio, cool-down, flexibility)
The orientation is done in a fun, educational way, with students going through an actual work-out together! After completion, students are able to have access to the Fitness Center equipment with a parent to supervise them.