How do you make sure your kids have their best summer ever? Make sure they’re active and learning all summer long! Get a head start on May 18th at #HealthyKidsDay the YMCA’s free day of creative, challenging, fit family fun!
On Saturday, May 18th, the Y is celebrating the Healthy Kids Day®, the Y’s national initiative to improve the health and well-being of kids and families.
* YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day will include fun active play and educational activities to keep kids moving and learning, in order to maintain healthy habits and academic skills to achieve goals and reach their full potential.
* Nearly 1.2 million children and their families are expected to participate in YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day at more than 1,600 locations across the country.
* For over 25 years Healthy Kids Day has celebrated kids’ health and continues to teach healthy habits for kids and families, encourage active play and inspire a lifetime love of physical activity.
Healthy Kids Day encourages youth and families to “Awaken Summer Imagination” and this cannot be done without proper nutrition.
* When children are hungry, their development suffers. They can have trouble concentrating and sleeping.
A child’s development is never on vacation and YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day serves as summer kick-off event that helps kids stay healthy and achieving all summer long.
* When kids are out of school, they can face hurdles that prevent them from reaching their full potential. As a leading nonprofit committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y is addressing critical gaps in kids’ health and education.
* Kids are less physically active and engaged in learning during the summer months. In fact, research shows that children gain weight two to three times faster during the summer vacation than during the school year.
* In addition, kids—particularly from low-income families—fall behind academically because they don’t have access to out-of-school learning opportunities. In fact, by fifth grade, low-income kids are two to three school years behind middle-income children.
The Y supports families in their efforts to teach healthy habits and keep kids active and learning, preparing them for a brighter future. It’s part of the Y’s promise to strengthen communities.
* For over 25 years, YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day has celebrated kids’ health and continues to teach healthy habits for kids and families, encourage active play and inspire a lifetime love of physical activity.
Are the kids in your life already dreaming of summer? When kids are inspired, they can do anything. Let’s awaken their imagination so they can explore new activities and healthy habits. Join us!
May 18th @ Geiser-Pollman Park
10:00 AM — 1:00 PM
Our Y staff will be putting on tons of fun activities, prizes, drawings, snow cones provided by the Sheriff Dept. and so much much more!
We want to bring home the importance of a healthy and active lifestyle for the whole family! At our Healthy Kids Day celebration, the Y staff and volunteers will provide fun opportunities to play and learn about the importance of living healthy, active lives! We will also have a number of community partners and a few fun giveaways. We look forward to seeing you there!
Help your kids find their potential! Join us May 18th for #HealthyKidsDay! The YMCA’s fit family fun blast! Stop by the Baker County YMCA for lots of FREE activities!