At the Y, We’re So Much More Than a Gym
Strengthening community is our cause. There is no other nonprofit quite like the Y. In Baker County, we have the unique presence and partnerships to not just promise, but to deliver lasting personal and social change.
People Served: 5,000
Community Partners: 30
Corporate Partners: 55
Contributions from the Community: $46,150
Financial Assistance Provided: $62,600
You can either make a one-time gift or ongoing contributions through automatic payments. no gift is too small as every dollar makes a difference.
Any gift of $250 or more to the Support Our Youth campaign will be recognized on a banner inside the Fitness Center. The banner is displayed each year that a contribution of $250 or more is made.
Opportunities for Everyone in Baker County
Children and Teens
We develop nearly 2,000 kids and teens, providing a wide range of activities to nurture potential, including Preschool, Sports, Swimming, Swim Lessons, Day Camps, Healthy Kids Day, Summer Academy, and other community programs.
Our Y helps over 3,000 adults live healthier, more connected lives through our Fitness Center, Track, Group Fitness Classes, Aquatics Classes, Sports, Wellness Programs, and Healthy Living Seminars.
We provide quality, affordable Memberships, Programs, and Child Watch services to all families regardless of their income level.
We provide healthy programs and restorative classes to ensure that older adults have opportunities to connect and engage in meaningful activities.
Investing in Our Kids, Our Health, and Our Neighbors
Strong communities don’t just happen, they’re the result of steady leadership and stewardship of strong values. That’s the Y. We make a difference by focusing on three key areas: youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
Nurturing the potential of each and every child and teen
- In 2017 the Y provided nearly 1,000 swim lessons, including to every 2nd and 3rd grader in Baker County
- We strive to instill a love of learning in each of our 60 preschoolers
- This year we helped close the achievement gap for 150 students as a part of Summer Academy
- This year the Y will provide health, nutrition, and physical education to nearly all Baker City youth during Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
Giving back and providing support to our neighbors
- Through your support the Y provides $41,000 in scholarships to those in need, ensuring no one is turned away due to an inability to pay.
- We serve the community through the hands and hearts of 60 employees and over 650 volunteers
Improving our community’s health and well-being
- The Y motivates over 2,500 members each year to create healthier lifestyles
- Our programs reach thousands of people from Baker and surrounding counties
- Each year the Y provides over 2,000 group fitness classes and healthy living seminars, aimed towards educating and engaging the community.
- Our engaged staff make certain that the Y experience is transformational, not transactional
- Through programs like Enhance Fitness, Cancer Wellness, Diabetes Prevention, Stronger Longer Neuro, and Bariatric Surgery Support we are able to provide support and encouragement to health seekers.