Length of Visits
Supervised care is provided for children ages 8 weeks to 9 years old. Children may attend Child Watch a maximum of 1.5 hours per day. Our Child Watch has a 10-minute cry rule. Our staff is well accustomed to comforting and/or distracting distraught children, however, if after 10 minutes they are still inconsolable, the parent will be asked to return for the child.
Special Needs Children
The YMCA will make every reasonable accommodation possible for children with special needs. It is best that you contact the Child Watch Coordinator in advance to make him/her aware of your child’s needs.
Children will be expected to:
- Keep their hands and feet to themselves
- Use their inside voice
- Follow directions
- Take care of toys and equipment
- Treat others the way they want to be treated
- Have FUN!
The YMCA reserves the right to refuse service to members whose children are disruptive to the Child Watch environment.
Diapers and Toilet Training
- Parents are responsible for changing diapers.
- If your child is in the process of toilet training, please bring them in pull-ups while they are here. (18 months – 3 years old)
The YMCA facility is for your enjoyment. Members and their guests use the facility and equipment at their own risk. Parents must assume full responsibility for their own children.